Buffalo Rains Network is a technology and consulting services social enterprise that has been established to provide an easy to use, secure, reliable and affordable leading edge green technology solutions for the preservation of language, culture and business assets of Nations of the African Diaspora, Caribbean Islands and First Nations, Inuit, Métis communities across Canada,
Our experienced Management Team, Technology Partners and Advisory Team work collaboratively for the purpose of empowering Indigenous communities with knowledge and green technologies that encourage self-reliance, self-governance and self-sustainability, resulting in the creation of new jobs, business opportunities and programs, on and off traditional lands and territories.
We provide technology and skills based training for our people on the implemented technology solutions so that our collective Nations of the African Diaspora, Caribbean Islands and First Nations, Inuit, Métis communities are empowered to become self-reliant, proud and have knowledge to improve their health, wealth and quality of life.
Cultural Preservation Projects
Helping indigenous communities keep their culture alive.
Managed Technical Services
Our technical team manages, monitors and provides technical support for all implemented technology solutions. We empower your Community Champions with education & skills to manage your Technology Solutions
Computer Learning Labs
We collaborate with your respective community leadership and community members in developing an effective technology services, skills based training and employment creation programs, unique for your community:
Employment Creation Programs
We hire people directly from within your community to participate in the planning, strategy and implementation of all the technology solutions that will have the most positive social impact that will benefit your community
Send Us Mail
- Community Application Process
- Technology Project Planning
- Design & Strategy
- Project Implementation
- Technology Training
Community Application Process
Do you want the latest technology solutions implemented in your communities in 2015?
Do you want to preserve your Traditional stories and knowledge?
Do you want to create new employment and online business opportunities for your Youth & Elders?
If yes, please complete our easy online application form for immediate consideration.
• To be eligible for community technology projects in 2015, your Community Leadership must authorize a Memorandum of Understanding before the Technology Project Planning commences.
• Our charitable sponsors require us to have a Memorandum of Understanding in addition to your Community Application, before they will release funds which we use to pay for your technology projects. Deadline for submission November 30, 2015.
• After our Management and Advisory Teams review your Community Applications, and Memorandum of Understanding, we will contact you to schedule a time for our initial meeting:
Technology Project Planning
Initial meeting with Community Leadership
◦ Identify Community Challenges
◦ Technology & Systems Assessment
◦ Feasibility studies
Community Needs Assessment
◦ Community Engagement & Events
◦ Entertainment & Surveys
◦ Community Surveys
Design & Strategy
Determine required technology solution
• Develop project scope and technology project plan
• Determine resource requirements for project
• Prepare Budget for Project
• Deployment schedule
Custom designed technology solutions to satisfy the unique requirements of your community
• Manage Technical Teams
• Deploy technology solution
• Testing Solution with Community Champions
• Technology Training Workshops